1 (Greek mythology) the goddess of divine retribution and vengeance
- an archenemy
- "Batman is in constant conflict with his nemesis, The Joker."
- The principle of retributive justice
- punishment or defeat that is deserved and cannot be avoided
- (Greek Mythology) The goddess of divine retribution and vengeance (always capitalized)
- The polar opposite of a character
- a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
The principle of retributive justice
punishment or defeat that is deserved and cannot be avoided
- Finnish: kohtalo
The goddess of divine retribution and vengeance
The polar opposite of a character
Nemesis may refer to:
- Nemesis is "a painful response to another's undeserved good fortune" as defined by Aristotle in Nicomachean Ethics
- Operation Nemesis ("The Armenian Nuremberg"), the Armenian Revolutionary Federation code-name for the covert operation in the 1920s to assassinate the Turkish masterminds of the Armenian Genocide
Books and literature
- Nemesis: The Death Star, by Richard A. Muller, a 1988 account of the Asteroid Impact Dinosaur Extinctions and the Nemesis theory of a solar companion star
- Nemesis (Isaac Asimov novel), a 1989 science fiction novel
- Nemesis (Agatha Christie novel), a 1971 detective novel
- Nemesis (Alfred Nobel play), a tragedy
- Nemesis (Angel novel), a 2004 novel set in the fictional Buffyverse
- Nemesis, a 1989 novel by Louise Cooper, first book in the Indigo series
- Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic by Chalmers Johnson
- Hitler: Nemesis 1936-45, by Ian Kershaw
- The Nemesis Affair by David M. Raup
- Nemesis: Part I-VI by Wolfgang Hohlbein
- Nemesis (mythology), the goddess of divine retribution (revenge) in Greek mythology
(comics), one of several comic characters
- Nemesis (DC Comics), a superhero in the DC Universe, affiliated with the Suicide Squad
- Nemesis (American Comics Group), a Silver Age superhero appearing in Adventures into the Unknown.
- Nemesis (Marvel Comics), the name of three fictional superheroines in the Marvel Comics universe
- Nemesis (Ultraverse), a Malibu Comics and Marvel Comics character
- Nemesis (Wildstorm), a Wildstorm comics character
- Nemesis the Warlock, a series published in the British comic 2000 AD
- Holocaust (comics), a Marvel Comics character also known as Nemesis
- Nemesis is a living planet/villain in the "Black Moon" story arc in the manga Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.
- Nemesis (Magic: The Gathering), an expansion to the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game
- Nemesis (role-playing game), a horror role-playing game
- Nemesis (video game), a 1990 Game Boy game based on the Gradius series
- Nemesis was the title of the arcade and MSX versions of the original Gradius outside Japan.
- Nemesis was a 1983 home video game for the BBC Micro released by Micro Power. It was a clone of the Centipede arcade game.
Evil 3: Nemesis, a 1999 video game
- Nemesis (Resident Evil), the titular bio-weapon of the above game
- Nemesis, the final boss in the game Dark Sector
- Zork: Nemesis, an adventure game in the Zork series.
- Nemesis (네미시스), is a South Korean rock band
- Nemesis (the band), a Sri Lankan rock band.
- Nemesis (Grip Inc. Album) (1997)
- Nemesis Divina is an album by the Norwegian black metal band Satyricon.
- Nemesis (musicians), a pop music duo
- Jacob and Joshua: Nemesis Rising, a reality television series featuring Nemesis
- Nemesis (group), a Texas rap crew
- Nemesis, a song by the American New Wave band theSTART, released on the album Shakedown! (2001)
- Nemesis is the title of a song released by Shriekback in 1985
- Nemesis is a song by the group Cradle of Filth from the album Nymphetamine.
- Nemesis is a song from the melodic death metal band Arch Enemy from the Doomsday Machine album.
- Nemesis is an electronic music group from Finland. http://www.nettilinja.fi/~ahassine/
- Nemesis is a Dutch hip-hop producer
- Nemesis is a Bangladeshi Progressive band
- Nemesis is a song by VNV Nation
- Nemesis is a metalcore band from Bandung Indonesia
- Nemesis is a thrash metal band from Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.
- Nemesis is a British street dancing group from Milton Keynes, who reached the final of Britain's Got Talent 2008.
- HEIC Nemesis, an early iron warship used in the First Opium War
- Nemesis (roller coaster), a popular inverted roller coaster at UK theme park Alton Towers
- Nemesis Inferno, an inverted roller coaster at UK theme park Thorpe Park
nemesis in Czech: Nemesis
nemesis in German: Nemesis (Begriffsklärung)
nemesis in Spanish: Némesis (desambiguación)
nemesis in French: Némésis (homonymie)
nemesis in Korean: 네메시스 (동음이의)
nemesis in Italian: Nemesis
nemesis in Dutch: Nemesis
nemesis in Japanese: ネメシス (曖昧さ回避)
nemesis in Polish: Nemesis
nemesis in Portuguese: Nêmesis
nemesis in Russian: Немезида (значения)
nemesis in Slovak: Nemesis
nemesis in Finnish: Nemesis
affliction, bane, bugbear, burden, calamity, castigation, chastening, chastisement, condign punishment, correction, crushing burden, curse, death, defensibility, deserts, destruction, disciplinary measures, discipline, disease, drumhead justice, dueness, equitableness, equity, evenhandedness, evil, ferule, give-and-take, grievance, harm, infliction, judgment, judicial punishment, justice, justifiability, justifiableness, justification, justness, lawfulness, legality, measure for measure, meetness, open wound, pains, pains and punishments, pay, payment, penal retribution, penalty, penology, pest, pestilence, plague, poetic justice, properness, propriety, punishment, punition, retribution, retributive justice, right, rightfulness, rightness, rude justice, running sore, scales of justice, scourge, summary justice, thorn, torment, vexation, visitation, warrantability, warrantedness, well-deserved punishment, what is right, what-for, woeAlecto, Astraea, Dike, Jupiter Fidius, Justice, Justitia, Loki, Megaera, Minos, Rhadamanthus, Set, Themis, Tisiphone, Typhon, avenger, blindfolded Justice, burning rage, furious rage, furor, fury, passion, rage, revanchist, tearing passion, the Erinyes, the Eumenides, the Furies, towering rage, vehemence, vindicator, violence